Don't tell anyone, but I really hate Sundays. I spend the entire week trying not to think about them and then breathe a huge sigh of relief when Sunday afternoon comes and I've survived another week. It must have something to do with sitting alone on the pew with my three kids who all turn into raving maniacs as soon as the organ starts.
So, rather than wasting anymore of my time dwelling on something that makes me wanna cuss, I'm going to try and be productive. About 12 years ago, Oprah (who I inspire to be) introduced the world to the idea of a gratitude journal. I faithfully kept my journal for a few months and then I got engaged and didn't have time anymore for things like journals, instead time went to a wedding, honeymoon, husband, school, work, baby, work, baby, work, baby, work, work, work.... That being said, I thought I'd try to take some time this Sunday afternoon to list 5 things I'm thankful for on this January Sabbath day.
1. Star Wars Galactic Hero toys. Nothing else keeps my three year old occupied for HOURS at a time. They are a miracle.
2. The giant quilt that Grandma-great made us as a wedding present. 11 years later, it's still the best thing to curl up under on a Sunday afternoon.
3. The guy sleeping under that quilt right now. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me.
4. Advair. The stuff's amazing, trust me.
5. Diet Coke. It was on my list 12 years ago, it's on my list today.