Sunday, February 8, 2009

baby language

Sometimes it serves me well to take a step back and take a few minutes to observe the rapid pace my at which my children grow and change. It's particularly noticeable with my soon-to-be two year old daughter.

I've really been appreciating her blossoming language skills, among many other things. A few short months ago, I would stand at the stop of the stair with her and ask "do you want me to carry you?" and she would respond "carry you."

Then, a couple of weeks ago, she started responding to my question by answering "yes, carry me."

Today, as we stood looking down the stairs, I asked again" do you want me to carry you?" to which she firmly answered "No Mommy, I can do it myself."

Growing language skills, fierce independence and little bit of attitude all in one sentence. Check out my other blog to see her in action! Aren't kids fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment