Thursday, February 26, 2009

Defensive Sleeping

Our four year old has the nasty habit of sneaking into bed with us in the early hours of the morning. Now, I'm grateful that he spends most of the night in his own bed. We've worked hard to get him to this point. But I have to spend a moment complaining about that little bugger's pointy-pokey knees and elbows. I find myself waking up in the morning in a defensive position, with my arms crossed across my chest, my hands in front of my face, and my knees pulled up so they form a blockade between his thrashing little body and my easily bruised limbs. Spending any amount of time trying to catch some "z's" with that kid in my bed is dangerous business. I watch my girls as they sleep, still and peaceful, and wonder why one of them can't be the one that worms their way into the parental bed.


Even when he's sleeping in his own bed, my boy is a menace!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! That's one smart boy. If you can't sleep with one eye open, at least sleep with a giant sword in your bed!

    ReplyDelete