25 Random Things About Me
1. I generally don’t do tags, but I’ve gotten this one enough that I’m hoping to put an end to it by actually doing it.
2. Having grown up in Indonesia, I HATE winter and don’t think I’ll ever get over it.
3. I spent yesterday singing and dancing to “Single Ladies” with my not-quite 2 year old. She can really shake it!
4. I love to fold laundry, but hate to wash it or put it away.
5. I’m the only girl in my family and as such am entitled to favored status. Sorry boys, that’s just the truth of the matter!
6. I’ve been married for that past 12 years (well, almost.) Time flies when you’re having fun!
7. I love Marian Keyes books too (shout out to Kristen), but my real guilty pleasure is trashy romance novels. Stephanie Laurens, Lisa Kleypas, Mary Balogh, Julia Quinn… please publish something new soon!
8. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
9. I wish I had cool hair, but a ponytail is my reality.
10. I need to lose 30 pounds, but can’t figure out how to do it without having to diet and exercise.
11. I am a font of useless pop-culture information.
12. I waste money buying books instead of going to the library. My husband is an enabler.
13. Phineas and Ferb makes me laugh every time my kids watch it.
14. I have an unhealthy relationship with Diet Coke.
15. I adore Fred and Ginger movies, but haven’t seen one in 12 years (see #6).
16. I’ve been listening to Eva Cassidy a lot lately. She’s amazing.
17. The only thing that makes Sunday morning bearable for me is “The Puzzle Master Presents” on NPR.
18. I love to read Personal Finance Self Help books, but rarely take their advice.
19. I wish I played tennis. I’m a fan, but can’t find the time or free child-care needed to play.
20. I’m our Primary Music Leader at church. I can get 11 year-old boys to sing, which is pretty miraculous.
21. I’ve lived on Long Island for the past 8 years and have yet to be on a boat on the Sound. How on earth did that happen?
22. Friday night TV is my favorite. I can watch What Not to Wear and Battlestar Galactica on the same night. Two very different sides of my personality, satisfied on the same night.
23. I have the three cutest, smartest, funniest, most creative kids on the planet. No, I’m not biased. It’s just a fact.
24. I’m a sucker for a good pork chop, but chocolate is the food I couldn’t live without.
25. I have the best husband ever in the history of husbands. He loves all these crazy things about me, and many, many more.