Sunday, February 15, 2009

Grateful Sunday

A few things I'm grateful for on this February day.

1. Clear, soft Long Island sunshine. I know that light is light, but there is a strange thing that happens occasionally here. The sun shines and light streams down, all diffused and shimmery. You feel like you should be able to reach out and catch the glistening light in the palms of your hands. In the middle of our grey and dreary winter, it is miraculous.

2. Children with active imaginations. It sometimes means extra clean up, but their busy brains keep them happy and engaged. Who knew that a pile of blankets and pillows at the bottom of the stairs could be such fun?

3. Wonderful neighbors who invite our family over for dinner on a day when I really didn't want to cook.

4. My dishwasher. I was without one for a few weeks a while ago and it has made my appreciation all the more great. I will love that appliance until the day I die.

5. A lovely husband who stepped up and took over when I crawled back into bed this morning and fell asleep for two hours. It's his turn now.

1 comment: